Why we would convert DVD to AVI
At present, DVD disc is currently the dominant consumer video format in some regions. DVD video offers high video/audio quality for users, but with a lot of restrictions. First, it requires a DVD drive and a MPEG2 decoder (MPEG is considered a lossy compression, where some of the information is lost in both the video and audio, but the quality remains almost the same.). Second, each DVD-Video disc contains one or more region codes, denoting the area(s) of the world in which distribution and playback are intended. The commercial DVD player specification dictates that a player must only play discs that contain its region code. Third, it is not as convenient as many videos could be directly stored in computer.
AVI (Audio Video Interleaved) is another common compression format for audio and video files. Like MPEG files, there are various compression schemes that affect the quality, size and device-compatibility of the files. Each of these compression schemes is known as a codec – short for coder-decoder, which is basically what a codec does. The various codecs bundled within the best DVD to AVI converter software will code your DVD files to be decoded by the devices that play AVI files.
The advantage of converting DVD to AVI
- Save space – The various codecs available in DVD to AVI converters offer a variety of compression options for both audio and video. This is a great way not only to save space on your hard drive but to reduce the number of boxes full of DVDs in the corner of your living room.
- Enjoy DVD movies anytime and anywhere – By converting files from DVD to AVI, you can watch your movies on more platforms. You can put the files on your smartphone or game station, or just upload them online to watch whenever you have an internet connection. The end result: While you are waiting at the doctor’s office, you don’t have to settle for the old magazines to keep you occupied.
- Watch DVD movies in case the original discs are damaged – Tired of lending out DVDs and having them returned scratched? By using a DVD to AVI converter, you can backup your favorite DVDs just in case the original discs are damaged. Keeping a digital copy off-site is also good practice in the case of a disaster.
- Edit DVD for better enjoying – A lot of DVD to AVI converters come with editing tools. These can be used to add effects, crop video, create segments and specify which audio and subtitle tracks to include. If your video was shot in poor lighting, or if you want to change the aspect ratio, these applications are a great way to make the changes you want.
The method of converting DVD to AVI on Mac
This way is a free way. Through this way, you can compress your DVD films and TV program, which size might be up to several gigabytes (GBs), into hundreds-of-megabytes(MBs) AVI videos, moreover, if you output the DVDs to the AVI container encoded with the high-precision H.264 AVC, the produced AVI video files will still have an excellent resolution.
Step 1: Click here to download a Mac application named Pavtube Free DVDAid for Mac. It has all-around function and user-friendly operation. It can load the source DVD disc, DVD VIDEO_TS folder, and DVD IFO/ISO easily, can it can rip DVD to AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, M4A, WMA and other video/audio formats including QuickTime Movie format. with the built-in video editor, you can edit the source DVD.
Step 2: Install and run this app on Mac computer. And click the “file” to load DVD or DVD VIDEO_TS folder or DVD IFO/ISO.
Step 3: Choose the output format as AVI. You can click the format drop-down box, and choose the “HD Video > AVI HD Video(*.AVI)”. If you are beginner, you can write “AVI” in lower right corner of the frame format to find format you need.
Step 4: Start conversion. Click the big “Convert” to start. When the conversion is complete, you can open the video and enjoy on Mac, and you can transfer them to other devices which supported AVI formats.
1. Pavtube software is constantly updated to meet user latest quest, if you want to upgrade from the free version to the official version Pavtube DVDAid for Mac, just only $35. The official version can support more than 200 formats including MP4 which free version is not. Using it, you can directly copy your DVD without extracts. And you can convert DVD to Android and Apple or other devices directly, here they support all types of formats, and set the best parameters for each format.
2. If you collect many videos and want to burn them to DVD, you may need DVD Creator, now, if you buy Pavtube DVDAid for Mac($35) and Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac($35), only $35.9, that is only $0.9 can get value of $35 DVD Creator, which is an easy and fast Mac DVD Creator to help you burn any kind of video to playable DVD.
- How to Stream DVD to Roku Ultra via Plex?
- DVD Region Killer Free Alternatives for Windows/Mac
- What is the best way to backup and Play DVD on Kodi 17?
- Copy Japanese Adult DVDs to Hard Drive
- Free Rip DVD to Digital Files with FreeMake
- Rip DVDs to Hard Drive with Handbrake 1.0.0
- Extract Clips from Blu-ray/DVD to Edit in Camtasia 8/9
- Top DVD Rentals on Rotten Tomatoes and DVD Backup
- 3 Ways to Free Extract DVD subtitles to SRT