Why we need Blu-ray Ripper
You may be a groud who likes collecting Blu-rays. When the blu-ray discs comes out, you’re impressed by this High Definition format. Then you becomes the bluray movie collectors. There are filled with your Blu-ray collections in storage room, even under the bed, where is also the discs collection.
To avoid these original blu-ray discs being scratched, you need to convert and backup the Blu-ray to other format like M4V, MP4, so that you can watch the blu-ray movies on our mac over and over again without the original blu-ray discs. And you can transfer them to Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone to enjoy movies anytime and anywhere. May be you have used Windows version blu-ray ripper for your Windows, but which can not run on Mac, although you can install Windows on a Mac computer to run Windows oriented Blu-ray Ripper software occasionally, it is stopgap measure, not a long-term solution. So we need a Blu-ray Ripper for Mac.
But “the problem is that which one is the best Blu-ray Ripper software for Mac?” Google search “Blu-ray Ripper for Mac”, you would find a lot of blu-ray rippers for Mac. May be you have tried them one by one, but found most of them didn’t do as they advertised. So this isn’t an easy job to find a good blu-ray rippper software with fair price. So to save your time and give you objective suggestion to help Mac fans choose the best Blu-ray ripper software for their Mac desktop/laptop. We introduces top 3 Blu-ray Ripper for Mac OS with detailed reviews.
The first: Pavtube BDMagic for Mac
Pavtube BDMagic ranks top on the list of Mac Blu-ray Rippers for its versatile features-it can import most of commercial Blu-ray discs with copy & region protection. With it you can “Full disc copy of your Blu-ray” or direct copy of your Blu-rays without extras. You can convert your Blu-rays to more than 200 video/audio formats and device custome made profile formats for transferring and viewing on your iPhone 5SE/6S/6S Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4 and Android phone and tablets like Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, HTC M10, Sony Xperia Z5/Z6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, etc. More prominent, you can make 3D movies with Side by Side, Top and Bottom, Anaglyph mode from 3D Blu-ray movies or common 2D Blu-ray movies for viewing on 3D virtual reality devices such as Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard, Zeiss VR One, Oculus Rift or 3D TV, 3D video protector, etc.
- 1:1 Full disc copy of Blu-ray movies with all the subtitle languages, audio tracks, chapter information well preserved.
- Mainly move copy of Blu-ray movies without the unwanted trailers, comments, etc.
- Encode Blu-ray to H.265 MP4/H.265MKV for storage with better quality and small file size or playing on 4K TV.
- Convert 2D/3D Blu-ray to HD video format with 3D effects.
- Edit Blu-ray by trimming, cropping, merging and adding watermark.
- Freely to choose the audio/subtitles and set the parameter for the format according to yourself.
- Capable of extracting audio from Blu-ray and DVD movies for iTunes and QuickTime.
Free trial for three months. Only $49 (If you buy now, only need $39.2) for lifetime license and upgrade.
Get a 50% off discount for Pavtube BDMagic for Mac by joining Pavtube Black Friday & Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion. More surprises are waiting for you.
The second: Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac
It is the unique software in pavtube, there is no one can replace it. Its most prominent feature is the ability to convert Blu-ray/DVD to multi-track MP4, MOV, and Apple ProRes MOV for FCP X. As a blu-ray ripper, in terms of functionality, I think ByteCopy is not worse than Pavtube BDMagic, but people profer to choose BDMagic to convert Blu-ray Disc because it has a longer time on the market.
- Losslessly backup Blu-rays to MKV with all languages and subtitles.
- Encode Blu-ray movie to multi-track MP4, MOV, and Apple ProRes MOV for FCP X, smartphones, tablets, HD media players, and more.
- Support the latest Blu-rays and DVDS.
- Support more than 200 video/audio formats.
- Convert 2D Blu-ray to HD video format with with Side by Side, Top and Bottom, Anaglyph3Dmode with the format of 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D AVI, 3D WMV, etc.
- 1:1 backup Blu-ray without quality loss cluding all audio streams, subtitle tracks and chapter info and also can save a 100% M2TS/VOB movie without extras
- Edit Blu-ray by trimming, cropping, merging and add watermark.
- With Built-in video player, you can adjust movie in preview window and double check movie content.
Free trial for three months. Only $42 for lifetime license and upgrade.
Get a 50% off discount for Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac by joining Pavtube Black Friday & Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion. More surprises are waiting for you.
The third: MakeMKV for Mac
Unlike Pavtube BDMagic for Mac and Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac, MakeMKV does one thing— ripping DVDs and BDs to MKV format— and does it well. By copying and packaging Blu-ray streams to MKV container format MakaMKV offers lossless Blu-ray movie to Mac backup solution. MakeMKV does not transcode/convert Blu-ray contents, it just copies and seals selected streams to MKV. So you get lossless Blu-ray movie on Mac at fast speed, since encoding Blu-ray high-def contents is time-consuming. Yet you must have a very fast computer to support FULL HD Blu-ray playback.
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Converts as fast as your drive can read data.
$50 only for Blu-ray ripping feature (DVD ripping free), and 30 days of free trial offered.