Amazon Fire TV, more and more people got this striking device for easily enjoying purchased videos, movies or TV shows. How wonderful it can bring us the high definition image enjoyment and this device is talked hot on forums. In most cases, someone there may be confused with the incompatible formats for Amazon Fire TV. As a typical example, how to play MKV on Amazon Fire TV smoothly has been the hottest topic.
But if you have tried, you will be disappointed. Because you will find that your Amazon Fire TV can’t play MKV movies that stored on computer. By the way, this situation also will happen in Apple TV, Xbox One, VLC media player if you wanna add MKV to them for playback. As a container format, MKV could not be so available with most media devices. Specially in this way, to watch MKV movies on Amazon Fire TV, we here suggest you to convert MKV to compatible format like H.264 MP4 format, and then transfer to Amazon Cloud Drive, then you can play movies via Amazon Fire TV; or you can choose to transfer movies to kindle fire HDX, and then use Amazon Fire TV to mirror the screen to HDTV.
Tips on Amazon Fire TV Content Format Supported
- Video: H.263, H.264, MPEG4-SP, VC1
- Audio: AAC, AC-3, E-AC-3, HE-A, PCM, MP3
- Photo: JPG, PNG
Since we have known the MKV files well, in order to convert MKV files to H.264 MP4 for watching on Amazon Fire TV, we here recommend you the Pavtube Video Converter, which is a good choice for converting your MKV files to suitable ones for Amazon Fire TV with fast transcoding speed and excellent output video quality. What’ s more, it has the optimal presets for Kindle Fire HD X, iPad Air, HTC One M8, etc or other media devices. Let’s learn more details below.
Steps on converting MKV to H.264 MP4 for playback on Amazon Fire TV:
1.Free download this MKV to Amazon Fire TV converter Windows version, install this program onto your computer. Launch this Amazon Fire TV video converter, and click “Add files” button to load the movies that you want to convert, you can also directly drag and drop the files.
2. Choose output format you need. Click format column you will see rich output formats. Just select the best format you need. To play movies through Amazon Fire TV, you are recommended to choose MP4 format.
3. Functional tips: Click settings button you will be available to adjust the output parameters, like frame rate, resolution, or the bitrates, etc.
4. Go back to the main interface and hit the ‘Convert’ button to get your work started. when the software has converted MKV to Amazon Fire TV supported video format, you can open the output folder and get the files, and then you can choose the files to Amazon Cloud Drive or playing via Amazon Fire TV, or transfer to phones or tablets to mirror the screen on TV thru Amazon Fire TV. Just try it now! Good luck!