You can use keyboard shortcuts to quickly accomplish many tasks in Final Cut Pro. To use a keyboard shortcut, press all the keys in the shortcut at the same time.
The most efficient editors tend to master major keyboard shortcuts, without relying strictly upon user interface buttons and commands. Use this cheat sheet to help ingrain the editing commands you use most in Final Cut Pro X! Top 40 Keyboard Shortcuts for common commands are listed in the table below.
|Option + N||Create a new Event|
|Cmd + N||Create a new Project|
|Shift + Cmd + D||Create a Project Snapshot|
|Cmd + [plus]||Zoom into Timeline or image|
|Cmd + [ minus ]||Zoom out of Timeline or image|
|Shift + Z||Size the Timeline or image to fit in the window|
|Control + Cmd + 1||Toggle Library and Browser display on or off|
|Control + Cmd + 3||Toggle Event Viewer open / closed|
|J – K – L||Reverse – Stop – Play the playhead (Tap multiple times to change speed)|
|S||Toggle skimming on or off|
|N||Toggle snapping on or off|
|V||Toggle clip visibility on or off|
|Control + Y||Toggle skimmer info display on/off in Browser|
|Cmd + 4||Toggle Inspector open/closed|
|Cmd + 5||Toggle Effects Browser open/closed|
|Cmd + 6||Toggle Color Board open/closed|
|Cmd + 7||Toggle video scope display on/off|
|I||Set the In at the position of the skimmer/playhead|
|Shift + I||Jump the playhead to the In|
|Option + I||Delete the In|
|O||Set the Out at the position of the skimmer/playhead|
|Shift + O||Jump the playhead to the Out|
|Option + O||Delete the Out|
|Option + X||Delete both the In and the Out|
|M||Add a marker|
|Option + M||Add a marker and open the edit marker dialog|
|E||Perform an Append edit|
|W||Perform an Insert edit|
|D||Perform an Overwrite edit|
|Q||Perform a Connected edit|
|Shift + G||Create a connected storyline|
|Shift + 1||Edit audio and video to the Timeline|
|Shift + 2||Edit video-only to the Timeline|
|Shift + 3||Edit audio-only to the Timeline|
|Option + W||Insert a gap at the position of the skimmer/playhead|
|Control + S||Expand/collapse audio from synced video|
|Option + Control + S||Expand/collapse audio components (multitrack audio)|
|Shift + Cmd + F||Play project full screen (ESC to return)|
|Shift + ?||Play a few seconds before and after the skimmer/playhead position|
|A||Select the Arrow (selection) tool|
|T||Select the Trim tool|
|P||Select the Position tool|
|B||Select the Blade tool|
|R||Select the Range tool|
|Shift + X||Jump the selected edit point to the position of the skimmer/playhead|
|[ comma ] / [ period ]||Move selected clip or edit point one frame left/right|
|Shift + [ comma ] / Shift + [ period ]||Move selected clip or edit point ten frames left/right|
Other cool shortcuts
|Cmd + T||Add cross-dissolve|
|Control + T||Add default full-screen title|
|Shift + Control + T||Add default lower-third title|
|Cmd + E||Export master file of project|
When Final Cut Pro is chosen for your editing job, you may encounter such many problems like no audios, no video images or can’t be imported issues. The thing you should make clear is that Final Cut Pror has it’s best compatible format or codec, for Final Cut Pro, the best compatible format or codec is Apple ProRes(Apple ProRes Codec Types).
There if you make the video you recorded into the best compatible format or codec for the editor you have chosen, the edit job will be easier or more smoothly. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac are high recommend here for you. It is a professional video tool can be convert all the camera video into the editor best compatible format or codec.
Key Features of Pavtube Video Converter.
- Convert almost all HD/SD audio/video formats: All types of audios and videos (e.g. SD/HD/Tivo/DRV/Camcorder HD footages, etc) to almost any audio and video formats.
- hange default settings: You can change the parameters such as video size, bitrate, frame rate, and channels for your video file according to your need to get the best output effect.
- Batch conversion: Handle multiple videos and realize batch conversion to save your time and energy.
- Merging & splitting: Merge several video clips into one bigger file and splitting one video file into several clips according to the clip quantity, duration time and file size.
- Create new output format: Adjust profile parameters, rename and save it for future use.
- Supported OS: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard