Canon has announced its latest entry-level DSLR, the Rebel T6, which is known as the EOS 1300D in most regions. The T6 is a relatively minor update to the Rebel T5 (EOS 1200D) and adds a faster Digic 4+ processor, higher resolution LCD, ‘white priority’ WB mode (which produces more neutral color in tungsten lighting), a food scene mode and Wi-Fi with NFC. The Canon EOS Rebel T6 recorded files are saved in widely compatible the MPEG-4 or H.264 codec.
For people who are going to have some professional editing work of Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 videos with Avid Media Composer, this is the right place for you to find some beneficial tips about achieving a fast and fluid workflow of Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 in Avid Media Composer.
Though the Avid Media Composer dose support the MPEG-4 and H.264 videos. We have to tell you maybe the DNxHD can be the best codec which is the most native one for Avid. So to import Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 video to Avid for smooth editing, a third-party software is required to convert the MPEG-4/H.264 footages to Avid Media Composer supported formats like DNxHD.
Recommended Software: Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac
This Mac program has preset for Avid Media Composer. It assist you to:
- Output Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 to Avid Media Composer optimized DNxHD MOV format in 1 Click!
- Directly convert any SD/HD/4K Canon video files to fit Apple devices and Android devices with optimized presets.
- Supports all popular formats, including H.265, AVI, MKV, Tivo, MP4 in 1080p resolution and 4K XAVC-S, XAVS-L, etc.
- United free audio converter and video to image converter.
- Batch conversion and super fast conversion speed
Read this best HD video converter review to learn more functions of the Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac
If you are Windows user, windows version is available here. In this article I take Mac version as an example, Window version have the same steps and the functions.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Guide: How to convert Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 to DNxHD MOV for editing in Avid MC?
Step 1. Start up HD Video Converter for Mac as a professional Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 Converter. When its main interface pops up, click ‘Add File’ to input your source media with individual clips or in a complete folder.
Step 2. Select Avid Media Composer as the output format
Hit Format bar to select output format. You can choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)” as output format. It is an ideal and suitable editing format for Avid MC.
Tips: Optional function to customize video and audio settings
If necessary, you can click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profiles Settings’ panel to modify video and audio settings like video encoder, resolution, video bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio encoder, sample rate, audio bit rate, and audio channels. 3D settings are also available.
Step 4. Then we are going to come to the final step, click the ‘Convert’ button on the main interface and start out job. If you are the first time to work XAVC files with this Avid MC, some related tips you can take a reference in this transferring article. What’s more, this third-party can hold almost all formats for editing in other popular editing tools, that’s why it has a good reputation online.
- Compress DJI Phantom 4 4K videos to 1080p on Mac El Capitan
- Edit Sony RX10 III AVCHD/MPEG-4 in Avid Media Composer
- Import Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 III XAVC S video files to Avid Media Composer
- Import Samsung NX500 4K H.265/HEVC MP4 to Avid Media Composer on Mac
- How to Put MP4 Footage into Avid Media Composer?