Nowadays Sony Vegas Pro software has been a pioneer and true innovator while other NLE manufacturers play catch-up. Sony Vegas Pro has always featured robust native file format support. From the beginning around 10 years ago, Vegas Pro users have enjoyed the ability to throw just about anything at their projects with the confidence that the application would simply accept it and enable them to get on with their work. Before uploading to YouTube or posting them on Facebook, many people like to edit them witht the Sony Vegas Pro 13.
However, many people have been having a problem when importing camera (XAVC, XAVC S, MXF, MOV, MP4) or iPhone/iPad recorded (MP4) video or downloaded video (MP4, FLV, AVI etc) to Sony Vegas Pro. The audio doesn’t import, the video is clunky and choppy. Sometimes the video plays upside down and every time I make a minor change I have to render again, which takes forever! What’s matter? How to fix the issue? Read on to find it out.
Let us firstly look at the Sony Vegas Pro 13 Supported file formats
MOV, WMV, H.264, AA3, AAF, AIF, ASF, AU, AVC, AVI, BMP, BWF, CDA, DIG, DLX, DPX, DV, EXR, FLAC, GIF, HDP, IVC, JPEG, AVCHD, M2T, M2TS, MVC, Sony MXF (XDCAM and HDCAM SR), MP3, MP4, M4A, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, OGG, MPO, OMA, Panasonic MXF (DVCPRO, AVC-Intra) PCA, PSD, QT, R3D, PNG, SFA, SND, TIFF, TGA, W64, WAV, VOX, WDP, WMA, XAVC Intra MXF, XAVC S
H.264, AA3, FLAC, AC3, AIF, ATRAC, AVC, AVCHD, AVI, DPX, EXR, HDP, MOV, MP4, WMV, MP3, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, M2T, Sony MXF (XDCAM and HDCAM SR), MVC, OGG, Panasonic MXF (AVC-Intra), PCA, W64, WAV, WMA, XAVC S, XAVC Intra MXF
So Sony Vegas Pro 13 does not support all videos well. It only support the above formats. And you sould know many formats like MP4, MKV, MOV etc all have diffirent codecs some of which are not recognized by Sony Vegas Pro 13. And some new codecs like H.265, XAVC etc are also not support by So Sony Vegas Pro 13. In order to avoid the video not displaying on Sony Vegas Pro 13, you’d better convert your 1080p or 720p video to Sony Vegas Pro 13 friendly format
I prefer Pavtube Video Converter for the simple reason that it is easy to use and can convert 1080p/720p MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, H.265, AVCHD, MTS/M2TS, XAVC, XVAC S etc to Sony Vegas Pro 13 editable format like mpeg-2. It gives you options to merge all of the 1080p/720p even 4K video into a single video, or export individual videos of your choice. The software also allows you to choose subtitles and audio tracks. For experience users, you can get full control over the video by tweaking with a click of a Settings button. Additionally, when you rip the disc you have the option to customize the video – trim the video to get a part, crop it to remove black margin, and add effects to it.
For those who’re running a Mac OS X system and want to convert 1080p/720p/4K to a format you can work with Apple TV, iPad, TiVo, iMovie, FCP, Premiere Pro or whatever other device/application you might be using, please head over to Pavtube Video Converter for Mac.
Free download and buy the best Sony Vegas Pro video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to Convert all 1080p and 720p videos to Sony Vegas Pro 13?
1. Run this program, then click “Add Video” button to add source iPad video files, or you could simply drag-and-drop the file.
2. Click “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Sony Vegas Pro. The output video seamlessly fits Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11/10, etc. and the original quality of iPad video will be kept.
3. Click “Convert” button to convert video to Sony Vegas Pro friendly format, after the conversion is finished, you can access converted files by click “Open”. You’re done! Now you can easily open and edit any 720p/10809/4K videos in Vegas Pro 13/12/11/10 without problems.
- Further learning of Panasonic P2 MXF structure
- Edit Nikon D7200 H.264 Files in Sony Vegas Pro, Pinnacle, Avid, WMM
- Import Sony XDCAM/Canon XF/Panasonic P2 MXF to Avid Media Composer
- Top best Sony XAVC/XAVC S Video Converter for Mac Review
- Import Camera H.264 recordings to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11