“Does SONY have a plan (yet) to include h.265 native files inside Vegas Pro? I know of several less sophisticated software editing programs that already include h.265!”
Currently, most major NLE systems do not have full support for H.265/HEVC video, so is Sony Vegas Pro. If you want to import and edit H.265/HEVC video in Sony Vegas smoothly, you will need third party solutions to process format conversion. Here’s a guide telling you how to perform H.265/HEVC to MPEG-2 conversion for Vegas Pro editing.
How to let Vegas Pro work with H.265/HEVC media?
HEVC, also known as H.265, is a new video codec that doesn’t be supported by major video editing programs, such as Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, DH.265nci Resolve and Edius. To be able to edit H.265/HEVC files in Vegas Pro fluidly without incompatibility issues, currently you have to convert H.265/HEVC files to an intermediate format that is fully compatible with Sony Vegas, such as MPEG2 because it works great in Vegas. To process format conversion, third party software is required. Considering the ease of use and well support for H.265/HEVC UHD 4K footage, we would recommend H.265/HEVC Converter app, which recognizes and handles H.265 media well on both Windows platform and Mac OS.
In order to save you time, we here directly shows you Pavtube Video Converter (Windows 10 supported) to solve your problem as quickly and easily as possible. The best H.265 converter is very easy to use and has all the important features that you may need. It can help in customizing the videos through using the basic tools for editing available while its speeds are very high with no quality loss at all. Key features:
- Various conversion: H.265 to Sony Vegas Pro, MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro , MKV to Sony Vegas Pro , AVI to Sony Vegas Pro , XAVC to Sony Vegas Pro, SD/HD/4K to Sony Vegas Pro , H.264 to H.265 and more.
- Conversion speed; this tool enables you to convert video files six times faster than other converter tools. It also retains 100% quality of video, audio and images.
- Supported formats; Pavtube Video Converter supports formats such as H.265, MP4, FLV, WMV, DivX, AVCHD, VOB, 3GP, XAVC, XAVC S, XAVC L among others.
- The tool can cut the video into multiple pieces, add sub-titles, effects as well as adjusting the video aspect ratio.
- Customize the output resolutions to any size like 1080p, 2K as users want from 4K
- It can also enable you to convert from 2D to 3D formats.
- *With this powerful video converter, next we will how to make H.265 to Sony Vegas conversion step by step with the best H.265 to Sony Vega Pro video converter.
Free download and get the best H.265 to Sony Vegas Pro converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to Convert H.265 to Sony Vegas Pro for editing?
1. Add H.265 Files
Click “Add video” to add H.265 files from the PC local to the program, or drage and drop the H.265 videos to the converter. If you want to join the imported clips into one for easy editing, please tick the box “Merge into one file” on the main interface.’’
2. Choose the Output Format
After the aforementioned stuff, all you need to do now is to convert H.265 to Sony Vegas. As for Sony Vegas, “WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv)” and “MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” from “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” are better formats for editing. You can click to choose the profile which includes variuos formats, editors, TVs and mobile devices.
3. Convert H.265 to Sony Vegas
Now, please click “Convert” to start converting H.265 to Sony Vegas. After conversion, your H.265 files have been changed into .wmv or .mpg files, which can be easily imported into Sony Vegas and freely edited.
If you are a Mac user, you can get Pavtube Video Converter for Mac to help you solve some Mac H.265 video/audio incompatibility issues, like , H.265 to FCP/iMovie/FCE/DaVinci Resolve , H.265 to QuickTime, H.265 to Apple TV 4/3/2/1 etc. Wish you a nice day!
- Edit GoPro HERO4 Black 4K Videos on Premiere Pro CC on Mac El Capitan
- Have issues in Importing Sony A6300 4K XAVC S videos to FCP X?
- Top 5 video editor for Win/Mac review
- Get PowerDirector Work With MKV/MOV/MXF/Prores Files Beautifully
- Full Solution to Edit Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II MP4 with NLE on Mac
- How Do you Upload Canon 4K recordings (MOV/MXF/MP4) to Dropbox?