Adobe Premiere Pro is a timeline-based video editing software application. It is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes video editing, graphic design, and web development programs. However, there are a limited amount of video formats are compatible to Premiere Pro, including AVI, H.265, M4V, MOV, MPEG, WMV, etc and MKV is not in the list. That is just the reason why we encounter the following importing MKV to Premiere problems.
How to let Premiere Pro read MKV files?
Perhaps some Adobe program users want to download Premiere Pro MKV plugin, but there isn’t MKV plugin for Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5. So one professional MKV to Premiere Pro Converter will be a great help.
Pavtube Video Converter (Windows Version | Mac Version), as the best Premiere Pro MKV Converter, which can convert MKV video to Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 supported formats on Windows and Mac. Besides, it also support converting various videos like MPEG-2, XAVC, XAVC S, MP4, MTS/M2TS and any videos to Premiere Pro friendly format for your freely editing or playing. In addition, you can convert MKV to popular tablets, Smart TVs, smartphones, Plex, VLC, DVD player etc best playback video format. And you can convert 2D MKV to 3D MKV/AVI/MOV for playing on VR headset, 3D media players and 3D TV etc.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Follow the guide to Transcode MKV to Premiere Pro friendly format for smooth editing
Note: Here takes the Windows as an example, and the Mac version steps are same with Windows.
Step 1. After downloading, install and run this MKV to Premiere Pro Converter, just import the MKV files to the software for converting.
Step 2. Click “Format” bar to choose the output format. Click and choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” > “MEPG-2(*.mpg)”. The setting seamlessly fits Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS3/CS6 and CC.
Step 3. Finally, hit the “Convert” button at the bottom right corner and the conversion from MKV to Adobe Premiere Pro will begin immediately on your computer.
Using Pavtube Video Converter to solve “Premiere Pro won’t Support MKV Problems”:
- “How do I import an MKV file into Premiere Pro CS6? -Converting MKV for use with Adobe Premiere Pro- Gents, I normally receive my stuff in a format I can stick on Adobe Premiere Pro. MKV’s are not compatible. What I want to do with the current project is take the MKV I have and convert it for use with Adobe Premiere Pro (on a PC and not on a MAC).”
- “Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 MKV support?-Is there any way to get Adobe Premiere to support MKV files or it simply just doesn’t support it?”
- “How to open .mkv file in premiere pro 5.5-having trouble opening .mkv files.”
- “How to use .MKV and .ISO with Premiere Pro? They are not supported.-Hi all. My brother in-law sent us two .mkv videos and a DVD .iso he wants me to use in a video I am cutting for him. The only trouble is, I’ve no idea how to get them into a format PremPro can handle. I’ve searched and the only solutions I have found are infinitely complicated for me.”
- “Premiere Pro CS3 Importing Issues-I’m new to Premiere, and I’ve been having issues with a project that I am trying to start. I am running Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on Windows Vista. I want to import a file that was originally a .mkv file. Because Premiere does not use .mkv files, I simply changed the file extension to .avi. The file is about 1.42 GB. But whenever I try to import the file as a .avi, my program freezes and I get a (Not Responding) error on the dialog box at the top of the program. When this happens I am always forced to close the program. Am I experiencing this simply because the files I am attempting to import are too big? Or is it something else?”