The Pentax K-1 is a new professional full-frame DSLR camera. The K-1 features a built-in GPS system with an electronic compass and astro-tracer function, 5-axis shake-reduction system, wi-fi connectivity, a 33-point Safox XII AF module, 86,000 pixel RGB light-metering sensor, ISO range of 100-204,80000, Full HD 1080p video at 60fps, and 4.4fps continuous shooting. But if you want to import the H.264 MOV files from Pentax K-1 to Windows Movie Maker to edit the movies, you may find the H.264 MOV files are not recognized by Windows Movie Maker well.
Why cannot import Pentax K-1 MOV video to Windows Movie Maker?
Pentax K-1 DSLR camera record footage with H.264/MPEG-4 codec and save the files in MOV container format. This is an ideal file type for video capture in an SLR camera, delivering relatively compact file sizes with image quality noticeably superior to alternate video compressions (such as Motion JPEG). However, the H.264 compression format is not ideal format for editing with NLE including Windows Movie Maker.
Solution for importing Pentax K-1 MOV to Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker supported formats:
Windows Movie Maker supported input formats: .WMV/.ASF, .MPG (MPEG-1), .AVI (DV-AVI), .WMA, .WAV, and .MP3
Pavtube Video Converter is a totally free video converting program capable of converting Pentax K-1 MOV to Windows Movie Maker suitable format. Even 1080p multi-track videos are supported and the image quality can be well obtained via the built-in Built with High Quality Engine and De-interlacing Engine of this free Windows Movie Maker converter.
Key Features of Pavtube Video Converter:
- In addition to H.264 MOV, it can convert almost any video like MP4, MKV, AVI, XAVC etc to WMV so you can import your video to Windows Movie Maker for editing.
- It comes with all regular video editing tools like Trim, Crop, Effect, Subtitle, Watermark. For basic video editing tasks, you can even replace your Windows Movie Maker with it.
- Convert MOV to 150+ formats for editing on Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas Pro, Pinnacle Studio, iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and so on.
- Batch conversion and super fast conversion speed
- Regular updates provided for registered users without extra charge for lifetime
Before starting the conversion process, please free download the best Pentax K-1 MOV to Windows Movie Maker converter on your windows PC (and if you have a Mac, download the Mac edition instead), install and open it when you like to use it.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Turn Pentax K-1 MOV to WMV, AVI for importing in Windows Movie Maker
Step 1: Add Pentax K-1 files
Install and launch the MOV to Windows Movie Maker Video Converter, and then click “Add video” button to import your Pentax K-1 files to the software. If you wanna combine Pentax K-1 MOV video clips into one file, you can click the “Merge into one file” box.
Step 2: Select output format
Just go to “Format” bar to choose WMV format in “HD Video” or “Common Video” column. (AVI is also an editable format for Windows Movie Maker.)
Step 3: Convert Pentax K-1 to Windows Movie Maker
Click the “Convert” button under the preview window, the converter will start encoding MP4 clips for importing to Windows Movie Maker.