Canon’s new 5D Mark IV succeeds the Mark III with more of everything. But most importantly, it records 4K video, something mirrorless cameras like Panasonic’s GH4 have had for years and Sony’s Alpha-series cameras now come standard with. For videographers and filmmakers, the ability to record in 4,096 x 2,160 resolution at 30p or 24p and capture 8.8-megapixel 4K still images from the footage has been long overdue.
Video is such a core part of a DSLR now that simply tossing in 4K wouldn’t have been enough. So Canon also added HDR (High Dynamic Range) video recording to prevent blown out highlights, built-in timelapse, HD recording at 120 fps, and a 3.2-inch touchscreen with 1.6 million-dot resolution (and yes, it’s fully functional everywhere unlike the one on the EOS 1DX Mark II which only lets you use it for autofocusing).
Canon 5D Mark IV Video recording Size and Format:
Have issues importing editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV videos in Avid Media Composer? According to our latest user feedback, it is not easy to import Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV Videos in Avid Media Composer for editing due to the high 4K resolution and complicated MOV format. Though Avid Media Composer supports 4K editing, Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV is not the best codec/format for editing in Avid Media Composer. So we introduce the Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac for you.(read review)
With it, you can change Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV footage to Avid Media Composer best editable format and codec with only 3 clicks on the computer.
More features of Canon 5D Mark IV 4K to Avid MC tool - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac
* Convert Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV to Avid Media Composer best format and codec with high quality.
Windows user just get Pavtube Video Converter for converting Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV Videos in Avid Media Composer on Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc).
How to Convert Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV to Avid Media Composer format for editing?
Step 1: Load Canon 5D Mark IV 4K videos
Run the best 4K Video Converter Mac and load Canon 5D Mark IV 4K clips to it by clicking “Add” button. You can also drag and drop the 4K files to the software directly from your Hard drive.
Step 2: Choose Avid compatible format
To encode Canon 4K files to Avid Media Composer, choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov) as the target format.
Tip: You can click “Settings” to fix the frame rate, bitrate, video size, etc to your needs, that you can play and edit 4K movies in Avid easily. Generally, 1080p video size is good for Avid MC editing.
Step 3: Convert Canon 5D Mark IV 4K to Avid Media Composer
Click the convert button under the preview window, this 4K to Avid converter will start encoding 4K video for Avid Media Composer.
After the conversion, click the “Open” button to locate converted files, and then you can load the converted 4K MOV files into Avid Media Composer 5/6/7/8 for editing smoothly with the best quality.
PS: Summary of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Features
- 30.4 Megapixel Full Frame CMOS Sensor
- 7 fps continuous shooting and silent shutter mode
- 4k 30fps video with 8.8 mp still frame grab, Full 1080p HD 60 fps, HD 720p mode at 120 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting
- Dual Pixel RAW
- Built-in GPS
- Built-in WiFi, NFC (Near-Field Communication)
- 3.2″ (81.1mm), approximately 1,620,000 dot Clear View II LCD monitor with full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area
- DIGIC 6+ image processor
- 61-point High-Density Reticular AF II system (like 1D X Mark II) including up to 41 cross-type AF sensors, with EOS iTR, f/8 AF
- EV -3 AF sensitivity, EV -4 when in Live View mode
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR, 252 zone metering sensor for improved AE and AF precision
- Zone, Spot and AF Point Expansion focusing modes
- ISO 100-32000 with expansion up to 102400, down to 50
- Short 58ms shutter lag
- Flicker Mode adjusts shutter release timing to avoid flickering light issues
- Dual Memory Card Slots supporting one CF (UDMA Mode 7) and one SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I) memory card
- Upgraded Transparent LCD viewfinder with 100% coverage
- Dual-Axis Electronic Level with dedicated viewfinder display
- Time-lapse Movie function
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System (EICS)
- Peripheral Illumination, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion and Diffraction Corrections in-camera along with DLO (Digital Lens Optimizer)
- Magnesium alloy body, shutter durability rated up to 150,000 cycles, improved dust and weather resistance
- Mirror Vibration Control System to reduce mirror vibration-caused blur
- Customizable Quick Control screen
- +/- 5 stops of exposure compensation
- Super Speed USB 3.0 for high-speed tethering and image/movie transfer
- In-camera Multiple Exposure and HDR modes, HDR 30 fps video
- Improved custom controls with built-in intervalometer and bulb timer
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
- Import and Edit Sony A6300 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer
- Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC footages to Davinci Resolve on macOS Sierra/El Capitan
- How to Import Sony A7s XAVC S video to PluralEyes on Mac?
- The Best Solution to FCP MPG/MPEG Issue
- Best solution for handling GoPro 4k Videos
- Can Final Cut Pro X Edit DJI Phantom 4K video?
- Compress DJI Phantom 4 4K videos to 1080p on Mac El Capitan