Canon has announced the new XC15 camera, a 4K UHD camcorder in a compact body. Thanks to its high-sensitivity one-inch CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV 5 image processing platform with high calculation-processing power, the new XC15 is capable of capturing high-image quality and low-noise 4K UHD video. Additionally, the camcorder features a compact, lightweight body design, measuring approximately 5.0 x 4.1 x 4.8 inches (WxHxD) and weighs approximately 2.1 pounds while also sporting a 10x optical zoom lens1, which facilitates shooting in confined spaces and environments that demand mobility.
There is no doubt that Adobe Premiere Pro CC is the best movie editing software for Windows and Mac user. However, its supported video formats and resolution are limited. How if you want to edit Canon XC15 footage in Premiere Pro CC? It’s used to be a headache. Then how to import and edit Canon XC15 4K footages in Premiere Pro CC? Read on to get the solution.
The smart solution is to solve the incompatible issue is to use third-party software to transcode the footage from the XC15 to a more editing-friendly format for Premiere Pro CC. I tried a few converters that didn’t work… Compressor of course didn’t work, some Video Converter my usual goto converter didn’t work… it converted audio but not video. The one that worked for me is Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, (compatible with my new macOS Sierra). The program can easily import and convert Canon XC15 4K footages to Premiere Pro CC.
Canon XC15 4K to Premiere Pro CC Converter Features:
- Transcode any Canon XC15 4K footage for video editing tools Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, FCE, , Sony Vegas Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc.
- Compress any 4K to 1080p or upsacle any 1080p to 4K easily
- Basic Canon XC15 4K video editing functions: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
- Oouput formats for Samsung TV, LG TV, Sony TV, Panasonic TV etc for playing Canon XC15 4K on TV.
- Compatible with macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP (Windows version)
* Hot search: MP4 files in Premiere Pro CC ǀ XAVC to Premiere Pro CC ǀ H.265 to Premiere Pro CC ǀ MPEG-2 to Premiere Pro CC ǀ MKV to Premiere Pro CC
Free download the Canon XC15 4K to Premiere Pro CC video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Please floow below steps to convert Canon XC15 4K files to Premiere Pro CC editable format.
Step 1. Load Canon XC15 4K footage
Launch the program and click “Add ” button to import the Canon XC15 4K files to the top 4K Converter Mac. Batch conversion is supported.
Step 2. Choose proper output format Premiere Pro CC preferred
Click “Format” pull down list to select “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg)” as the best video format for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5. Another two specialized formats “WMC (VC-1) (*.wmv) and “MOV (AVC) (*.mov)”are the good choice as well.
1. Click “Settings” button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels. Gnerally, 1080p is the optinal setings for Premiere editing, so you can downscale 4K to 1080p. Of course, if you want to stick with the orignal 4K resolution, just keep the orignal video size.
2. You can use the video editor designed in this 4K Video Converter to edit your original videos. Click “Edit” on the main interface, and edit your videos by trimming (get/cut off video clips), cropping (remove unwanted areas), adding text/image/video watermarks, inserting subtitles, adding special effects, etc.
Step 3. Start the conversion
Click the “Convert” icon under the preview window, and the Canon XC15 4K to Premiere Pro CC Converter will start transcoding XC15 footage to Premiere Pro CC format on Mac.
After the conversion, click the “Open” button to locate converted files, then load them files in Premiere Pro CC. Now you can successfully and easily import Canon XC15 4K files to Premiere Pro CC for editing with best quality.
- Best Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K to DaVinci Resolve Workflow
- Canon 5D Mark IV 4K Video Recording, Review, Editing
- Converting Canon 5D Mark IV 4K videos to FCP X for smooth editing
- Put Canon 5D Mark IV 4K recordings on 4K TV for watching
- Import Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to Adobe Premiere for editing
- Tips for Importing and Editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with Avid MC
- How to Import Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K Videos to Sony Vegas Pro/Movie Studio?