The Sony A7S is a 12MP full-frame mirrorless camera designed for both stills and video. Beyond the standard AVCHD format, the Sony A7S also supports the XAVC S codec (rewrapped in MP4 format), previously found only in Sony’s high-end Handycam professional camcorders. The XAVC S codec was designed to be able to accommodate 4K video, but in the case of the A7S provides high-bitrate full HD, at 50 Megabits/second. While enjoying the stunning videos recorded of HD image quality, many users are having problems importing Sony A7S XAVC S media into PluralEyes for editing.
Q 1: “Just shot some 4K footage with the Sony A7S II , I haven’t shot or edited 4K before now, so need some help setting up the project, understanding about transcoding, exporting etc. This is also my first time shooting with a Sony HD camcorder. The footage itself looks great. Problem is editing a sequence in PluralEyes. How can I deal with it well?”
Q 2: “Has anyone worked with media from the Sony A7S camera. Looking for some tips regarding post workflow and getting the media into PluralEyes mac. Import XML isn’t working, it asks for a navigational file and gives us an error. I have h264/mpeg4s of the footage which I’d rather not use since its a compressed codec that doesn’t always get along with fcp.”
We searched PluralEyes supported formats and codecs, founding XAVC S is not listed on the formats. So Sony A7s XAVC S video is not friendly with PluralEyes. Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix the issue. Let’s find it out here. You can use the professional Pavtube XAVC S to PluralEyes converter for Mac to convert Sony A7s XAVC S video to PluralEyes friendly codec like Apple ProRes. This best XAVC S video converter can convert any SD/HD/4K XAVC or XAVC S to any popular editors like iMovie, FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE, iMovie, Apple Aperture 3, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Premiere Pro CS6/5/4/3, Adobe After Effects CC, DaVinci Resolve, Camtasia Studio etc supported formats for smooth editing.
This guide also applies to:
- Convert XAVC S MP4 to Apple ProRes 422/4444 for FCP X, FCP 7, FCP 6.
- Convert Sony XAVC S to H.264 MOV/MPEG-2 MPG for Premiere Pro/Sony Vegas.
- Convert XAVC S to AIC MOV for editing in iMovi 11, 9
- Convert XAVC S to Avid DNxHD(*.mov) for Avid Media Composer/DaVinci Resolve.
- Convert XAVC S to WMV for Sony Vegas Pro and Windows Movie Maker
- Convert Sony FDR-AX1 XAVC S MP4 to H.264 MP4 for playing on Smart TV, tablet smartphone etc.
Windows user get the Pavtube XAVC S to PluralEyes converter to work in Windows computer.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Convert Sony A7s XAVC S video to PluralEyes editable format
Step 1: Add XAVC S source videos
Install the program on Mac and run it. Drag the XAVC S files to the software. Or you can also click “Add” button on the top of the main interface to import video to the program.
Step 2: Click “Format” bar and choose a proper target format.
If you are working with PulralEyes on Mac, you’d better select “Final Cut Pro >> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as output format. For Windows PulralEyes users, HD Video –>WMV HD(*.wmv) format on the dropdown menu is recommended.
Tips: Edit XAVC S Files before Converting XAVC S to PluralEyes Formats
- Go to “Merge into one File” tab to merge several XAVC S files into single one for PluralEyes.
- Go to “Edit” tab and open “Crop” “Effect” “Watermark” “Audio” tab to adjust video zoom, adjust image brightness, and add watermark etc. with XAVC S to PluralEyes Converter.
- Go to “Setting” tab to adjust video bitrate/codec/resolution and more.
Step 3. Start XAVC S to PluralEyes conversion
After all necessary settings, hit the convert button to start the XAVC S video to PluralEyes conversion on Mac. Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click Open to get the output videos. Create a project and start editing Son A7S XAVC S video in PluralEyes with light speed.
- Top 3 Best XAVC/XAVC S Video Converter for Mac Review
- XAVC-S to Davinci Resolve 12 Import Issues on Mac El Capitan/Yosemite Solved
- Wise Workflow: How to Import and Edit Sony DSC-RX100 III XAVC S raw video into Premiere Pro?
- Work Sony Alpha A6300 XAVC S with Avid Media Composer
- Have issues in Importing Sony A6300 4K XAVC S videos to FCP X?
- Import Sony HX90V XAVC S to Premiere Pro CC for Editing
- Edit Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 III 4K XAVC S files with Avid MC