4K cameras are overwhelming these days especially those easy to carry like GoPro Hero5. With a GoPro Hero5 4K camera, you can record the journey of joyful rides, and extreme activities like sky diving. After shooting, many 4K lovers would prefer to edit GoPro Hero5 4K videos for sharing with friends or uploading to YouTube, or burning into a disc for collection. Will editing programs like Avid Media Composer receive GoPro 4K videos?
Although Media Composer has already had 4K support via Avid Media Access (AMA), there’s actually no way to edit a 4K project natively with Avid even the latest Media Composer 8. In most cases, editing 4K in Avid Media Composer is very taxing on your computer. To import GoPro Hero5 4K MP4 into Avid Media Composer flawlessly, an ultimate solution we found would be to transcode/compress 4K to 1080p DNxHD for Avid Media Composer.
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is the recommended software to convert GoPro Hero5 4K files to Avid Media Composer ]supported format and codec, it is the best Avid Media Composer converter on the market, it can convert 4K videos like 4K MP4, 4K XAVC S, MOV, AVI, MKV, WMV, MTS, MXF, etc. to rich output formats, such as DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, Apple ProRes 422 MOV for FCP X, MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro etc. now you can follow the steps below to convert 4K MP4 files from GoPro Hero 5 to Avid Media Composer DNxHD MOV.
Follow the guide to Change GoPro Hero 5 4K video to Avid Media Composer editable video
Step 1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, install this GoPro Hero 5 video converter on your computer, run it you will see the main interface. If you want to convert GoPro Hero 5 4K videos on Windows 10/8.1/7, you can also use the Windows version.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Step 2. After you install this 4K converter, run it. Then click “Add Video” or “Add from folder” button to browse and select your GoPro Hero 5 videos to the entire folder.
Step 3. In order to make GoPro Hero 5 videos editable in Avid Media Composer, just click the format bar and move the pointer to “Avid Media Composer” and choose “Avid DNxHD 1080p (*.mov)”.
Step 4. When everything is ready, you can click on the big “Convert” button in the main UI to start converting GoPro Hero5 videos to Avid DNxHD codec. The conversion will be finished soon, after that, you will be able to edit GoPro Hero5 videos in Avid Media Composer with no problem. Enjoy!
- Can’t Upload GoPro Hero5 4K video file to DropBox? Read here
- Tips for Importing and Editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with Avid MC
- Import iPhone 7 (4K) video to GoPro Studio smoothly
- Import MP4 to Final Cut Pro for editing
- Can you Edit a VOB file with Davinci Resolve?
- Edit GoPro HERO4 Black 4K Videos on Premiere Pro CC on Mac El Capitan