GoPro Hero5 Black & Hero5 Session: Video capabilities
- Both offer up to 4K video capture
- Both have SuperView, Wide, Medium, Narrow and Linear FOVs
- Hero5 Black capable of higher frame rates at some resolutions
- Both the GoPro Hero5 Black and the Hero5 Session are capable of capturing up to 4K video at 30 frames per second (fps). They also both offer 2.7K, 1440p, 1080p, 960p and 720p resolutions, while the Hero5 Black is also capable of 480p.
However, there are some problems such as not showing the video but audio only, unsupported file type when playing & editing GoPro Hero5 video in Adobe, especially in 4K. So what’s the matter? And is there an easy workaround to import and edit GoPro Hero5 4K .MP4 Footage in Adobe Premiere Pro with smooth workflow. Read on for details.
The same as its predecessors, the the higher-end Hero5 camera records in MPEG-4 and outputs its files as .MP4 files. Files are compressed using the h.264 codec. So the files you are getting out of GoPro Hero5 Black/Session are suited to be delivered as is, which is usually not what you want. If you want to import the (4K) MP4 videos from GoPro Hero5 to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 for editing, you first need to convert GoPro MP4 to a more editing-friendly format, such a Adobe Premiere’s MPEG-2.
To solve those problems, the quick workaround is to transcode GoPro Hero5 (4K) MP4 files to Premiere Pro (CC/CS6/CS5) natively supported formats (MPG/WMV/MOV are highly recommended in 1080p) as primary delivery format. Along with some help from Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac(compatible with the macOS Sierra), it can be done effortlessly. Overall, the program is the best Video Converter for GoPro Hero5 4k footage. With this Gopro video converter, you can effortlessly transcode Gopro Hero5 4k MP4 to MPEG-2 or MOV, which will create an Adobe Premiere friendly file format keeping the Gopro original quality. Besides Premiere, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid, Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie and more NLE systems for native editing. For Windows users, Pavtube HD Video Converter is the alternative choice.
Related search: GoPro Hero 5 4K to FCP X >> GoPro Hero5 4K videos to YouTube >> play GoPro Hero 5 4K for smoothly playing on Mac
What Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac can do for you?
* Effortlessly convert Gopro Hero5 4K MP4 video to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 certificated video format like MPEG-2, MOV or WMC without quality loss at fast speed.
* Make it possible to play or edit GoPro Hero5 4K video to 1080p video smoothly with Premiere Pro (CC/CS6/CS5).
* Export Apple ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, which are compatible well with Final Cut Pro, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer and more NLE systems for you edit immediately.
* Personalize GoPro Hero5 4K video by cropping, trimming, splitting, merging, adding watermark or special effects, inserting subtitles, adjusting brightness or contrast, etc.
* Read GoPro videos from all GoPro cameras, like GoPro Hero, GoPro Hero3 White, GoPro Hero3+ Silver, GoPro Hero4 Black, GoPro Hero4 Silver, GoPro Hero5 Black, GoPro Hero5 Session etc.
* Compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Follow the step-by-step guide, you can ingest GoPro videos to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 for editing.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to convert GoPro Hero5 4K videos into Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5
Firstly Launch Gopro video converter on your Mac. Create a folder with the original GoPro video on your hard drive.
Step 1: Add original file
Click “Add File” button to import GoPro Hero5 4K MP4 videos to this powerful program. Or you can simply drag the videos directly to the software window list.
Step 2: Choose preferred format
Click “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Premiere Pro. WMV, MOV formats are the good choice as well.
Tip: Click the “Settings” button, you are able to enter the “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video and audio parameters for the converted files, including video size, bit rate, frame rate and more. Here personally I recommend you to set the video size as 1920*1080p for better editing. Of course, if you want to get original 4K resolution, just keep the video size as original.
Step 3: Start conversion
Click the Convert button to start transcoding GoPro Hero5 4K MP4 to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro. Once the process is at 100%, click “Open” button on the main interface to find the generated videos, then you can transfer the encoded GoPro videos to Adobe Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5 or CS4 for editing easily and quickly.