Microsoft PowerPoint is a slide show presentation program currently developed by Microsoft, for use on both Microsoft and Apple Macintosh operating systems. PowerPoint, initially named “Presenter”, was created by Forethought Inc.. Microsoft’s version of PowerPoint was officially launched on May 22, 1990, as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. PowerPoint is useful for helping develop the slide-based presentation format and is currently one of the most commonly used slide-based presentation programs available. Microsoft has also released the PowerPoint mobile application for use on Apple and Android mobile operating systems.
It is so great to inserting some movies into PowerPoint. When inserting a movie file to PowerPoint (2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007…), many users can’t insert the MP4 format video to PowerPoint. Things could get even worse, you successfully embed a MP4 movie in PowerPoint, but you still get a “Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported” message when you play the video during a presentation.
PowerPoint supported video file:
- PowerPoint 2007 and lower version: According to Microsoft, PowerPoint 2007 and lower version only support WMV, AVI, ASF, and MPG (MPEG-1) video formats, that’s why you can’t play MP4 in PowerPoint 2007/2003/2002/2000/97/95.
- PowerPoint 2010: Only support .mp4, .mov, and .qt formats if the Apple QuickTime player is installed.
- PowerPoint 2013 or 2016: Only support .mp4 videos encoded with H.264 video (a.k.a. MPEG-4 AVC) and AAC audio. If the source MP4 file doesn’t meet the above requirement, PowerPoint won’t play it.
So, if you want to Insert all MP4 videos in PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007… On macOS Sierra, the easy way is to transcode MP4 to PowerPoint friendly format and codec. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended for you. As a professional converter, the MP4 to PowerPoint Converter will surely convert and insert MP4 to PowerPoint format easily. Besides that, this great app can add other video format like H.265, RMVB, FLV, VOB, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, F4V, MKV, 3GP, WTV, RM, DV, MXF, WebM, etc. to PowerPoint. Windows version is Pavtube Video Converter.
Free download the MP4 to PowerPoint video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
- Top4download.com: http://www.top4download.com/pavtube-video-converter-for-mac/iujpttsg.html
Play MP4 in PowerPoint via Converting MP4 to PowerPoint Video Format
Step 1. Directly drag & drop the MP4 files to the converter, or click “Add Video” button to load the MP4 phone files.
Step 2. Click the drop-down button beside “Format” on the interface to select PowerPoint compatible video formats. You can choose WMV or MPEG-1 as the output formats from PowerPoint.
Step 3. Click big “Convert” button to start the MP4 to PowerPoint conversion with high quality and fast speed. After the conversion, you will get the desired videos in the destination folder.