Generally speaking, MXF (Material eXchange Format) is a container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. The video format is created specifically for HD digital camcorders like Canon C300, Canon XF100, Canon XF105, Sony XDCAM series and Panasonic P2 series. Some video editors can directly work with MXF files, including Adobe Premiere, Avid, and Sony Vegas and media players also work with MXF. But sometimes the MXF video file does not work with these editors and players. That’s because some NLEs and players don’t support the MXF video format well.
To be able to properly edit, view and play the MXF formats you will need an efficient MXF converter to convert this format to a more compatible one. There are plenty of MXF converters available but most will result in a reduction of quality, long conversion times and even incompatible format conversion. Now we introduce the best one for you to convert MXF video on Mac (macOS 10.12 Sierra included)
Best MXF Converter for Mac – Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac
Designed especially for Mac users, Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac provides the best solution to easily convert any video to over 250 video formats and 14 popular audio formats on Mac OS X, for example, convert MXF to MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, FLV, MPEG, WMV, etc. It can provide you the output format for FCP(X/7/6), Avid Media Composer, Premiere Pro/Sony Vegas Pro, iMovie/FCE and other NLEs. Pavtube also has a highly experiences and skilled support team to help assist you with any technical support you may need. This is program offers user friendly navigation for those with little design experience while also offering more advanced settings and control for the professionals.
With wonderful preset profiles, the MXF converter Mac allows you to freely transfer MXF files to lots of mobile devices like iPhone 7/7sS6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/5S/5C, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, Final Cut Pro, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Note 7, Sony, Microsoft, Google, Blackberry, PSP, PS4, Xbox One, etc. With the assistance of hyper-threading technology and multi-core CPU use, you can finish the whole converting process within several minutes. You can read its review to help you more.
By the way, if you use Windows computer, please go to get the Windows version.
- Convert any (4K) MXF videos to HD formats like MKV, H.265, MOV, AVI, MP4, etc.
- Convert any SD/HD/4K videos include MXF, XAVC MXF, AVCHD MTS, M2TS, MKV, AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, AVDHD MTS, M2TS etc various video formats.
- Native codec support, like Apple ProRes 422/4444, DNxHD codec, Apple InterMediate Codec, H.264 codec, etc.
- Presetted formats for editing software like Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle Studio, Windows Movie Maker, Cyberlink PowerDirector etc.
- Easy-to-use Editing functions, like split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles etc.
- MXF files batch conversion supported.
Free download the MXF Video Converter for Mac:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
- Top4download.com: http://www.top4download.com/pavtube-mxf-converter-for-mac/dhclzukd.html
How to Convert MXF Files on Mac with Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac
Step One: Load MXF Files
Launch MXF video converter for Mac and load the MXF video file by clicking the button of “Add Files”.
Step Two: Choose Output Video Format
Choose the output video format in the “Format” dialog box. There are all kinds of video formats and portable devices for your consideration. You can choose your desire format from “Common Video”, “HD Video”, “Final Cut Pro”, “Premire Pro/Sony Vegas Pro” etc. For example, if you want to convert MXF to Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro, you can find it in “Final Cut Pro” category.
1. Adjust MXF video and audio settings (optional)
If the default settings do not fit you requirement, you can click “Settings” icon and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels with this Mac MXF Converter. This is mainly designed for power users who have a higher request for resulting video, and you can leave it alone.
2. Basic MXF video editing (optional)
This top Mac MXF converter enjoys a built-in video editor, so you can touch up the video with basic video editing functions. The supported video editing operations are: Trimming, cropping, appending artistic visual effects, adding watermarks and 3D effect to the videos. Just note that this step is skippable if you want to keep the original video effects.
Step Three: Press the “Convert” Button
Hit the “Convert” button to start converting MXF files. All the tasks will be transferred at fast speed and high output quality.
Read Related Articles:
- Import Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to iMovie on Mac
- Top MXF Converter- Transcode P2 MXF/MXF for editing and playing
- MXF to iMovie: Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4K/1080p Files to iMovie
- Canon XF300 MXF Read Errors in Premiere Pro CC
- Converting and Combining MXF-files from Camera to MP4-Files
- Play Panasonic P2 MXF files with QuickTime on Mac El Capitan
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac: Professional HD Video converter for converting HD Videos on Mac, provides the perfect solution to convert HD video to any 4K/HD/SD video format like AVCHD MTS/M2TS/TS, MXF, H.265, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, MKV, WebM, M4V, etc. and vice versa on Mac. It also support basic editing functions: Trim, adjust, merge, crop, rotate, watermark, subtitle etc.Running perfectly on Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan/macOS Sierra.