Adobe has just released the latest versions of some of their major Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro CC 2017. But it is not perfect in format compatibility issues. Premiere Pro CC 2017 does not accept all video formats and codecs. For example, MP4 video sometimes is not supported by Premiere Pro CC 2017.
Why sometimes MP4 video can’t be imported into Premiere Pro CC 2017? It is officially stated that MP4 is supported by Premiere Pro CC 2017. The reason is that MP4 is a format container with different codecs. Your MP4 file codec isn’t compatible with Premiere Pro CC 2017. Now worry, just read on to get the solution for importing all MP4 to Premiere Pro CC 2017 for edting.
Best tool to Import all MP4 to Premiere Pro CC 2017
To finish the MP4 to Premiere Pro CC 2017 task, you’re highly recommended to use Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. It lets you convert MP4 files to Premiere Pro CC compatible format like MPEG-2 in a few clicks while keeping the original video quality. Three optimized Premiere Presets are included for easy access. The program also support professional encoders like like Apple Intermediate Codec, ProRes and DNxHD, allowing you to convert video to seamlessly fit iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc. If you’re running on Windows (Windows 10 included), please turn to its equivalent Windows version – Pavtube HD Video Converter. Now just get the right program and see how below about converting MP4 files to Premiere Pro CC 2017 format.
MP4 to Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 Converter Features
- Transcode SD/HD/4K MP4 to H.264, MPEG, DNxHD, WMV codec for Premiere Pro CC (2017).
User guide to Convert MP4 to Premiere Pro CC 2017 editable format
1. Import MP4 video file
After the program installed, you will come to an impressive interface. Now add your MP4 video files. Two options:
- Drag and drop the MP4 file to left item tray directly.
- Click “Add Files” to add MP4 files.
2. Choose the right output format
On the right side of the interface, you will ” Format” option. Open its output format list, then you will see two categories: format and device. Here you can choose the format like “MPEG-2” from “Sony Vegas Pro/Premiere Pro”.
Tips: The default setting works well. Of course, if you want to customize video and audio encoding settings, just click the “Settings” button to customize these settings. You can adjust the output video/audio resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc. to customize the output files to get the best quality you want.
3. Start MP4 to Premiere Pro CC 2017 conversion
Once you press the “Convert” button, the Video Converter for Mac begins to work for you. Just a few minutes later, it is done.
When the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated video files effortlessly. Launch Premiere Pro CC 2017 on your Mac, choose “File > Import to import converted MP4 files in Adobe Premiere CC 2017/CS6/CC for further editing.
- Premiere Pro CC 2015 can’t import MPEG2 files
- Import Canon XC15 4K footages to Premiere Pro CC
- How to edit H.265/HEVC files in Adobe Premiere Pro?
- XAVC Premiere Workflow: Import and Edit XAVC with Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Solution for Can’t Import GoPro Hero5 4K to Premiere Pro on Mac/Win
- Video Solution: Edit XDCAM MXF in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Transfer same file formats into Premiere Pro CC from FCP
- No Audio when Editing MTS files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC?