Although it lacks 4K capture, the Canon EOS M5 can record high-definition movies at up to 60 frames per second with 1,920 x 1,080-pixel resolution. It can record MP4 Full HD video 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.976 fps), HD – 1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) and VGA – 640 x 480 (29.97, 25 fps) etc. Sometimes you will failed to import Canon EOS M5 HD MP4 video to popular editors like Avid MC/DaVinci Resolve. Because Avid MC/DaVinci Resolve does not recognize all Canon EOS M5 MP4 video.
To get Avid MC/DaVinci Resolve work well with MP4 videos, you could adjust MP4 to Avid MC/DaVinci Resolve supported video format. Along with some help from third-party software like Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (macOS Sierra, El Capitan Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion included), you can easily get the problem solved. With it, you can transcode MP4 to Avid MC/DaVinci Resolve native editing-friendly format – DNxHD – ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Avid Media Composer or . An Avid preset is included for easy access.
It assist you to:
- Output Canon EOS M5 MP4 to Avid Media Composer optimized DNxHD MOV format in 1 Click!
- Custom and personalize Canon EOS M5 videos with diversified video editing tools.
- Directly convert Canon EOS M5video files to fit Apple devices and Android devices with optimized presets.
- Supports all popular formats, including MOV, AVI, MKV, MXF, MTS, Tivo, MP4 in 1080p resolution and 4K XAVC-S, XAVS-L, etc.
- Extract Audio: Extract audio from your Canon EOS M5 videos to MP3, MKV, M4V, WAV, etc.
If you are running a Windows PC, get Pavtube HD Video Converter. Now download the program and follow the step-by-step gudie below to convert MP4 files to DNxHD for smoothly editing.
Transcode and Prep Canon EOS M5 footage for Avid Media Composer/DaVinci Resolve
Step 1. Import Canon EOS M5 MP4 video files
Click “Add video” button to load Canon EOS M5 MP4 files which are copied onto hard drive or directly drag the footage to the program. You can check the “Merge into one” box to join several video files together.
Step 2. Select Avid Media Composer/DaVinci Resolve as the output format
Hit Format bar to select output format. You can choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)” as output format. It is an ideal and suitable editing format for Avid MC or DaVinci Resolve.
Click “Settings” button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.
Step 3. Start Canon EOS M5 MP4 to Avid MC/DaVinci Resolve conversion
When you finish all settings, hit “Convert” button to start transcoding Canon EOS M5 MP4 to Avid Media Composer/DaVinci Resolve. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows. After the conversion, it’s freely to import Canon EOS M5 MP4 clips into Avid Media Composer/DaVinci Resolve for natively editing.
- Tips for Importing and Editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with Avid MC
- Import Canon C700 4K ProRes/XF-AVC to Adobe Premiere for editing
- Best Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K to DaVinci Resolve Workflow
- Importing GoPro Hero5 4K to DaVinci Resolve for editing
- Best solution for solving “MP4 to Premiere Pro CC 2017” issue