The popularity of online video sharing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc make it pretty convenient for amateur producers to share their videos with thousands of viewers around the world. To make your shared video more fantastic and stunning, it would be essential for you to do some either simple or professional editing work on the video footage. The good news is that there are many online video editors allow you to easily edit video without downloading or installing any software as long as you own a steady Internet speed. The following article has picked 5 best online video editor for you as a reference.
Best 5 online video editor
1. YouTube Editor
You can use YouTube Video Editor to put together clips to create new videos and publish them to YouTube with one click. All of your uploads are added automatically to the Video Editor. Some of the things you can do with Video Editor are:
– Combine multiple videos and images you’ve uploaded to create a new video.
– Trim your clips to custom lengths.
– Add music to your video from a library of approved tracks.
– Customize clips with special tools and effects.
The majority of videos on youtube or shared on social media are unedited or disorganized and don’t tell a real story. This is where shotclip can help. With a structured template of scene by scene, shot by shot breakdown making it easy to shoot, organize and edit clips. Shotclip is the first video editor that plans your video from start to finish, helping you tell a story, rather than just edit a video.
ShotClip makes anyone a moviemaker through an interactive story-building app and a collaborative cloud based video editor. Whether it’s a concert, conference, tourist location or sporting event, people can use ShotClip to create really cool videos and telling a captivating story.
Anyone who wants to edit a video can use ShotClip. From beginners to professionals.
Kaltura is known to be the first Open Source Video Platform. It has tons of features that other video editors have and also to them they have support and community to share your journey in video editing. They also have management, professional video publishing, syndication and monetization benefits.
VideoToolBox is the most advanced online video editor. With just few clicks you can convert, edit, cut, record, crop or demux video files. Following are the main editing functions of VideoToolbox:
– Adds a text watermark to your video file.
– Cuts video at start and end points that you determine.
-Crop video with just few clicks
-Merges multiple files for you into a single video track.
– Extracts audio, video or subtitle text from a file — a feature known as demux
– Takes snapshots and creates thumbnails off your video clip.
– Adds embedded subtitles to your video file.
MixerFactory provides a customizable, online video editing platform that you can plug into your application. Clients can customize pre-defined sets of multi-track and storyboard interfaces along with other modules, and integrate to existing workflows. They can also build their own interface and use the MixerFactory video rendering system as a backend. Our platform can be easily integrated for existing workflows as a cloud-based or on-premise solution. MixerFactory is the only online video editing solution on the market today that can be hosted behind the Firewall.
Limitation of free online video editor
1. The performance of online video editor relies heavily on Internet speed, if the Internet speed is not that stable, the video editing can often fail.
2. Upload video file size are limited, a 1GB movie video may be not supported.
3. Supported import and output file formats are very limited.
4. Editing features is also very limited.
5. The operation process is complicated. You have to upload the video onto the services, edit it, and then download it again to computer.
6. There might be adware, malware, virus when you download the edited video with email from online video editor sites
Share editing video online
When the video editing is completed, what you need to do is post and upload the editing video to popular video sharing sites listed above. Here, we take YouTube as an example to show you the detailed steps to upload video to YouTube:
1. Sign into your YouTube account.
2. Click on Upload at the top of the page.
3. Before you start uploading the video you can chose the video privacy settings.
4. Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer. You can also create a video slideshow or import a video from Google Photos.
5. As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetization settings.
6. Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
7. If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Best tool to convert editing video for online sharing
Fail or run into trouble to post editing video to online video sharing sites due to the incompatible file format, codec, bit rate, file size, frame rate, aspect ratio, size, length, etc. Never mind, you can easily fix all those head-scratching issue with a powerful YouTube video converter – Pavtube Video Converter for Windows/Mac, which can assist you to convert all the unsupported file formats to online video sharing sites such as YouTube/Facebook/Vimeo/Instagram most favorable file formats. You can produce those online video sharing sites best compatible playback settings such as video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc as you like to get better output video and audio quality.
If your editing video exceeds the video length or file size uploading limitation, you can use the programs built-in trimming function to cut your editing video to your desired specific part by setting the start and ending time or use the splitting function to split large editing video into small parts by file size, count or length. What’s more, if the editing video uses an aspect ratio that doesn’t comply with the online video sharing sites, then it would be much ideal for you to use the “Cropping” function to change the output video aspect ratio to make it fit with your online video sharing sites.
Step by Step to Convert Editing Video for Online Sharing
Step 1: Load editing video.
Download the free trial version of the program. Launch it on your computer. Click “File” menu and select “Add Video/Audio” or click the “Add Video” button on the top tool bar to import editing video into the program.
Step 2: Choose output file format.
Clicking the Format bar, from its drop-down list, select one of online video sharing sites most compatible file formats such as “H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)” under “HD Video” main category.
Step 3: Adjust output profile parameters.
Click “Settings” on the main interface to open “Profile Settings” window, here, you can flexibly choose or specify exactly the profile parameters including video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc to let them fit with your online video sharing sites.
Step 4: Trim/Split/Crop editing video.
Trim video length
In the video editor window, choose the “Trim” tab and this tab is selected by default when the editing window appears. You can use the trim function to cut off unwanted parts from start and end. You can either drag pointers on the process bar or set exact time point in Start and End boxes to set.
Split video into smaller parts
Click the split button on the file list to launch the Video Split window. Ticking “Enable” option, you can split the file by file count, time length, or file size.
Crop to adjust output video aspect ratio
Go the “Crop” tab in the “Video Editor” Window, switch to the “Advanced Mode”. To change output video aspect ratio, there are several aspect ratios for you to choose from, including 16:10, 16:9, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, and 2:1, you can choose your online video sharing sites accepted aspect ratio such as 16:9. Once you select a “Display aspect ratio”, the “green crop frame” will keep this ratio to crop video and you are able to preview the final effect in real time. If you want to keep the same aspect ratio in your final output files, do remember to set the Video “Size (pix)” in “Settings” section as the same ratio as display aspect ratio.
Step 4: Begin the conversion process.
After all setting is completed, hit the “Convert” button at the right bottom of the main interface to begin the conversion process from editing video to online video sharing sites most compatible file formats and profile settings conversion process.
When the conversion is finished, click “Open Output Folder” icon on the main interface to open the folder with generated files. Then you can smoothly post the editing video to online video sharing sites with best quality.