10 Important Instagram Hidden Tips & Tricks You Should Know
As we all know, Instagram plays a crucial role in the social media world – with their eye-catching 700 milliom active monthly users and 200 million active users who use stories daily. This huge amount of potential customers cannot be ignored by business, so using your Instagram skillfully will bring you a lot of benefits. Here are 10 important hidden tips and tricks to enhance your Instagram experience.
1. Save posts privately
Instagram is making it easy to mark photos that you want to revisit later by allowing you to save them privately. Found something on your feed that you want to save for later? Here’s how you can do it:
- Select the post you want to save
- You’ll find the option to bookmark it below the post on the right-hand part of the screen
- Select the bookmark icon again in your profile to view all saved posts.
2. Adding a link in your bio
Aside from ads, your profile bio is the only place in Instagram where clickable link is available. Make good use of it by using highlighting promotions, content, or simply promoting your blog.
You may also use shortened URLs with UTM parameters so you can monitor how much traffic came from your Instagram profile.
3. Rearrange your filters
If you have a favorite filter, you can make it appear first when editing images. You can even hide the ones you don’t use.
- Select a photo then Filter
- Scroll to the end of your filters then select Manage
- On the left side of the screen, select and hold the three lines next to each filter to rearrange the order of the filters
- On the right side of each filter, check or uncheck the circles to hide or unhide them
- Save it by clicking Done
4. Monitor activity for the users you follow
Interested in knowing what the users you follow are doing on Instagram? If you are a business who wants to get an idea of the kinds of posts that drive engagement, simply view your users’ activity – including their likes and comments.
- Select the heart icon at the bottom of the screen to visit the activity tab
- At the topmost part of the screen, click Following
5. Add multiple accounts
If you are planning to have two or more accounts (i.e. one for business and one personal), you can do so by following the steps below.
- On your profile, select the gear/three dots icon to go to Options
- At the bottom of the screen, click Add Account
- Log in your second account
- If you want to switch accounts, click the arrow beside your profile name and select your second account
6. Share your photos to Pinterest
Pinterest is not yet available from Instagram’s sharing options. However, you can still pin it by following the steps below:
- Select the post you’d like to share on Pinterest
- Select the three dots in the upper-right part of the post
- Select Copy Link
- Go to your Pinterest profile
- Click the plus sign located at the upper right part of the page
- Select Copied link
- Pinterest will then open the link that is saved to your clipboard
- Choose the image you’d like to Pin
- Go to Instagram.com and select the post you’d like to Pin
- Right-click the photo and choose Open Link in New Window
- Choose the image you’d like to Pin using the Pinterest browser button
7. Delete comments
Aside from comments left by other users, you can also delete your own comments by following the steps below:
Deleting your own comment:
- Tap the bubble icon below the post you commented on
- Swipe to the left over the comment you’d like to delete
- Select the trashcan icon
Delete comments of other users:
- Tap the post containing the comment you like to delete
- Swipe to the left of the comment
- Tap the trash can icon or continue swiping to the left to delete the comment
8. Comment controls
Instagram now has the capability to filter comments by keyword or disable it entirely for a particular post.
- Visit your profile
- Select the gear icon and go to Options
- Go to Comments
- To hide offensive comments, enable Hide Inappropriate Comments
- Create your own list of keywords through Manual Filter
How to disable comments:
- When posting a photo, go to the part where you add location, caption, and other tags
- Select Advanced Settings
- Enable Turn Off Commenting
You can enable it back on by tapping the three dots icon above the photo and select Turn On Commenting. You can also disable comments on older posts by following the same steps.
9. Save drafts so you can post later
Saving a post retains any edits you made until you’re ready to post it in your account.
- Take or upload a photo or video
- Edit the post by adding filters, caption, and location
- Select the < icon in the upper left part of the screen to go back then select < again
- Select Save Draft
- When you’re ready to share your post, select the + icon, then select Library
- A new Drafts section will now appear above Camera Roll
- Go to Manage to see all saved drafts
- Select a photo/video you’d like to post, continue editing and share to your account
10. Schedule your posts
There are several tools that allow you to automatically schedule posts on various social networks. For example — with Social Report, posts that contain a photo can be scheduled to Instagram and other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter at the same time.
Set up publishing to Instagram on your mobile device via the Social Report app:
- Open your Social Report app on your iPhone and Android
- Login (if you are already logged in – log out first)
- Go back to Social Report and check under My Account – you should see your device connected.
- You can now begin scheduling to your Instagram profile. When you do – you will be offered to select any of the devices available in this project.
Best Instagram Converter
No matter Instagram, Twitter or FaceBook, they all have limitations on the videos that users upload. I believe that most of you have experienced the failure of uploading video. So how to upload any video you can get to Instagram? With all this in mind it’s time to get to grips with video in social media thanks to our handy cheat sheet. The following are the specification of video for uoplading to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Preferred Format: MP4 (with H.264 Codec & AAC audio, 3,500 kbps video bitrate)
- Frame Rate: 30fps or below
- Maximum Dimensions: 1080px Wide
- Playback Length: Maximum of 60 seconds
- Filesize Limit: 15mb
- Preferred Format: MP4 (with H.264 Codec & AAC Low Complexity audio)
- Frame Rate: 40fps or below
- Maximum Dimensions: 1280px x 1024px (Between 1:3 & 3:1 aspect ratio, with a 1:1 pixel ratio)
- Playback Length: Maximum of 140 seconds
- Filesize Limit: 15mb
- Preferred Format: MOV or MP4 (with H.264 Codec & AAC audio)
- Frame Rate: 30fps or below
- Maximum Dimensions: 1280px Wide (with a ratio divisible by 16px)
- Playback Length: Maximum of 45 minutes
- Filesize Limit: 1.75GB
Althoug these guidelines do seem a little fussy, but they are really useful. When your uploaded content doesn’t meet their requirements, they will refuse. So how to settle all the difficulities? A Instagram video converter is necessary. You can get Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (to get Mac version), it helps you convert and trim any video for Instagram, and other social network.
This video converter can convert MOV, AVI, MKV,M4V, WVM, MPEG-2 ,etc to Instagram compatible H.264 MP4 video. In the conversion process, you can adjust video size from 2160p to 1080p and 720p, video bit rate to 5,500 kbps or 3,500kbps, video frame to 29.96 frames per second or 30fps and adjust audio codec to AAC, audio bitrate to 128kbps to meet all the specs of Instagram.
To meet Instagram video length limitation, you can trim the MP4 video footage or split your MP4 video to several clips to make the video 50MB for Instagram. You also can crop black bar and adjust the aspect ratio to fit in Instagram. Now, click the right version video converter name to download the software on official page then install it on your PC or Mac. Windows version supports windows 10 and Mac version will work stably on macOS High Sierra.
Step-by-Step to Convert Videos to Instagram
Step 1: Load videos you want to upload
You can simply drag and drop all your video files into the software. Batch conversion is supported here.
Step 2: Choose MP4 Format
Click "Format" button to open drop-down list and there you can choose MP4 format. You can choose MP4 format for Instagram in "Common Video" and "HD Video" categories.
Tip 1. Adjust converted MP4 video audio bitrate, codec, size for Instagram
Now, click "Settings" on the main interface to start to adjust video and audio parameters to fit in Instagram according to the below specs.
Video Size: 1080p
Video Bitrate: 3,500 kbps
Video Frame Rate: 29.96 fps
Audio Codec: AAC
Audio Bitrate: 128kbps
You can choose the right settings in this window. When you can’t find the settings you want, you can simply tap it in.
Tip 2. Trim or split MP4 video length for Instagram
The "Trim" feature allows users to decide where to start and where to end when converting the selected clip, so that unwanted segments will be cut out after conversion.s
To trim a video, please switch to "Trim" tab in "Video Editor" Interface and follow any of the methods below:
1. Drag the control sliders to include the segment you want to remain.
2. Click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the video
3. Input specific values to "Start" and "End" box.
Trim frame by frame: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate offers "Previous Frame" and "Next Frame" options for users to select frames and trim accurately.
If you want to remove certain frame in your video, you can use Pavtube Media Magician. It is a video editor by frame which can enable you cut off video frame and also trim video length by frame.
Split video to 50MB for Instagram
By clicking the "Split" button on file list, or from "Edit" menu, you can launch the "Video Split" window. Checking "Enable" to enable it, and then you can split the file by file count, time length, or file size. We recommend video size to 50MB for Instagram, so here we would split video in 50MB to several clips for Instagram.
Step 3: Start to convert video to Instagram
After all the settings, clicking the Convert button on main interface, you can go to Conversion window to start video to Instagram conversion. When the conversion ends, you can get perfect 1080p video in MP4 format by H.264 codec with 3,500 kbps video bitrate and 29.96 frames per second with AAC audio codec and 128kbps audio bitrate from your MP4 video to Instagram.
Any Product-related email@example.com