iMovie is a video editing software application sold by Apple Inc. for the Mac and iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod Touch). It includes most of the video editing tools that basic and intermediate users will need, such as themes, special effects, audio editing and titles. With iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can enjoy your videos like never before. It’s easy to browse your clips and create Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4K-resolution movies. You can even start editing on iPhone or iPad, then finish on your Mac. And when you’re ready to premiere your movie on all your devices, iMovieTheater rolls out the red carpet. But it is a pity that iMovie does not support all video formats.
iMovie supported formats
In this occasion, you have to turn your un recognized videos to iMovie compatible formats, and you’ll need a third-party media conversion software. So don’t know what is the best video converter for iMovie? No worry, here we list top 5 iMovie video converter in the world.
2016 – 2017 Top 5 iMovie Video Converters for Mac
Top 1. Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (Highly Recommend)
One such software of great quality is Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, an easy-to-use yet powerful app which can effortlessly encode SD/HD/4K video files to iMovie supported ProRes 422 MOV, which ensures best results when working with iMovie 10.1.3, iMovie 10.1.2, iMovie 10.1.1, iMovie 10.1 etc on Mac.(Read Review)
Choose the Best iMovie Video Converter:
- Video to iMovie files. The program converts anything including 4K UHD videos, SD and HD videos from camera & camcorder H.265, MXF, MP4, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MKV, WMV, FLV, AVI, MPG, MOV, VOB, WebM, MOD, TOD, etc. to the native iMovie format on Mac for eventually importing and editing in iMovie.
- iMovie videos to other formats. You can also convert an iMovie project file to a popular video format you like with this iMovie video converter. There has a ton of conversions for video. Please note that the iMovie project file isn’t a real video, you’ll have to first export the project from iMovie and save as a QuickTime .mov file or .mp4 file before attempting to convert it other formats like WMV, AVI, WebM, FLV and more.
- Extract audio and screenshots from Video. Extract audio files from your iMovie videos to MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, AAC, AIFF, M4A, etc.
- Edit the video. One very useful feature of the application is that it allows you to edit the video with a few filters like “Trim”, “Crop”, “Enhance”, “Effect”, “Watermark”, “3D”.
- Compress file to a smaller size. The iMovie converter also offers a group of optimization and interactive features behind the interface, letting you compress your big file to a smaller size with minimal sacrifice on quality, or something like 4K to 1080p, 1080p to 720p, 1080p to 4K, 60 fps to 29.97 fps, 50 fps to 25 fps.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Top 2. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac (Excellent)
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac has a great design, it has a nice color combination and everything button is strategically placed so that users who do not know much about conversion can understand and use the tool without missing anything from it. It can convert any video like MP4, MKV, AVI, H.265, MXF, AVCHD MTS, M2TS, TS, VOB, XAVC, XAVC S, XAVC L, FLV, WMV and more to suitable format for iMovie. And for those users who do enjoy the looks they can be sure this will not be a disappointment. If converting 6x faster than any other converter and having no quality loss at all is your thing then this is where you need to be. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is deeply committed to both, the application performance and your computer’s, that way you will not be using lots of your CPU resources while converting and you will definitely be getting the best results ever. It is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.(Read Review)
Top 3. Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (Support DVD/BD to iMovie)
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac not only can convert videos to iMovie supported video, but also can convert DVD and Blu-ray to iMovie editable format. With it, you can easily convert MP4, MKV, AVI, H.265, MXF, AVCHD MTS, M2TS, TS, VOB, XAVC, XAVC S, XAVC L, FLV, WMV etc 250+ formats to iMovie supported format on Mac. For example, AVI to iMovie, WMV to iMovie, FLV to iMovie, etc. It also comes with ready-made presets if you want to convert videos for playing on a device of your choice including iPhone, iPad, Samsung etc. In addition, this iMovie converter gives you ability to convert videos exported from iMovie to any other file formats you want in a fast manner. It has a perfect compatibility with macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5.
Top 4. iMoviesoft Total Video Converter Pro for Mac
This is one of the programs that can convert files across the audio and video platforms. It is easy to have a video format converted to audio and vice versa when iMoviesoft Total Video Converter Pro for Mac is in use. These formats supported by the program include MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MPEG, MPG, M4V, MKV and 3GP as well as 3G2. If you are keen on enjoying some elementary video editing then this will be a suitable program to use. A twin video window is the key feature and it will allow you to preview both the original and edited versions of your videos with ease.
Top 5. Bigasoft iMovie Converter for Mac
This is a converter that promotes creativity in a huge way thus a key consideration for you at any given time. It is a professional program that supports key formats including MKV, MTS, AVI, MOD, FLV and MP4. Other file formats that you should feel comfortable with when using Bigasoft iMovie Converter for Mac are MPEG, VOB, ASF, RM and 3GP among many others. The main features of Bigasoft iMovie Converter for Mac include and not limited to quick importation to iMovie, trim footages, easy application, convert to iMovie and clips preview. One of the key advantages for using this software program with iMovie is support for multiple languages. This allows anybody to enjoy its experience without language barrier.
- Superior iMovie Alternatives for Mac (MacOS Sierra)
- 2017 Top 5 Best HD Video Converters for Mac OS X El Capitan/Yosemite/Mavericks
- Encode/Decode Any Files to/from H.265 Codec with Top H.265 Converter
- 10 Free Alternatives to MediaCoder For Windows/Mac
- 10 Free Alternatives to Format Factory For Windows/Mac
- Top 10 4K Video Editor Software – Review of Best 4K Video Editor
- Best Free 4K Video Player for Windows 10 and Play Unsupported 4K on Windows 10
- 5 Best Free 4K Video Player Software for Windows and Mac