Wish to buy a budget friendly action camera for your adventure sports activities in affordable price range but overwhelmed by the large amount of choice appeared on the market. The following article will show you the important standards to choose cheap action camera and also share you a list of 10 best action cameras that we have picked for you.
Important standards to choose a cheap action camera
Following are the important features and specifications that you need to check before making up your mind to pick any cheap action cameras:
1. Extra accessories: Sometimes you may get camera at cheap price but then you will have to spend more on its accessories. As you cannot operate these cameras without their supporting system so it becomes essential to check the accessory kit price at the time of purchase. Prefer to buy a camera that provides all basic accessories with the box.
2. Resolution: The major problem of maximum cameras is their poor resolution and picture clarity especially when they are mounted on helmet or moving objects. Try to ensure resolution of at least 1080p or prefer to find one with 4K quality.
3. Memory Capacity: Few latest models never allows users to insert memory card for storage, you have to compromise with the limited internal storage only. Be aware while buying such cameras, it is necessary to have at least 32 GB storage space for better results.
4. Battery: A camera unit with non removable battery is of no use because it cannot assist you in long tours. One must get a device with removable and rechargeable batteries so that it can serve you beyond any time limit.
Review of 10 best action cameras
1. iSaw Edge ($169.95)
A rare 4K option at this price point, the iSaw Edge packs an impressive host of features. It can shoot in full HD at 60 frames per second for unmatched slow motion results, can plunge to depths of 40 meters underwater, and can be controlled remotely via Wi-Fi.
– darklapse mode for night skies
– includes four mounts
– supports memory cards up to 64gb
2. GoPro Hero
Achieve professional-quality results with the best-selling GoPro Hero. The only budget-friendly option from the leading name in its field, it features high-quality 1080 and 720p video and is able to capture time-lapse and burst photos at up to five frames per second.
– has a rugged waterproof housing
– perfect for low-profile mounting
– lightweight at just under 4 ounces
3. YI Action Camera ($99.99)
The Yi Technology 88001 is a small but mighty option that takes breathtaking videos and clear panoramic photos in HD thanks to its 16 megapixel Sony sensor. It has 90 minutes of recording time with its rechargeable and replaceable battery, so you’ll never miss a thing.
– bluetooth and wi-fi functionalities
– capable of real-time streaming
– wide range of accessories available
4. Polaroid XS 100 ($99.99)
Here is a lightweight solution for your action camera needs as its maximum weight goes up to 136grams. The video resolution offers by Polaroid is 1080p Full HD with the maximum storage capacity of 32GB. You can also enjoy the slow motion coverage with this device on 720p HD footage. This tube shaped device can be easily mounted anywhere and the auto rotate feature make it more suitable for adventure sports activities.
5. Intova DUB Camera ($119.99)
This action camera is designed to serve under water up to 200feet with dedicated housing arrangement. Its built in mics can help you to record rich audio along with video scenes. Maximum storage goes up to 32GB whereas 1.5″ LCD screen is much easier to monitor, setup and control. The 100mAh battery backup can support you up to 120 minutes and tripod mounting facility offers best results.
6. Lightdow LD6000 ($59.98)
The feature-packed, ultra cheap 12 megapixel Lightdow LD6000 is fitted with an immersive 170° wide-angle lens, so it’ll see just about everything. Plus it’s designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions, and is waterproof up to 98 feet.
– controllable via mobile app
– comes with a 1-year warranty
– includes an extra battery and case
7. ApeMan FHD ($109.99)
Housed in a padded portable case that holds all 17 of its included accessories, the ApeMan FHD provides an unparalleled bang for your buck. It comes with 2 rechargeable batteries for a total of four hours of recording time in full 1080p resolution.
– ultra-wide-angle 170-degree lens
– shoots in slow motion at 720p
– ships with no onboard storage
8. Ablegrid AG5000 ($60.09)
Trust the Ion Air Pro Lite to record every exciting and share-worthy moment on your journey without breaking the bank. It has a quick release clip that secures it tightly to your helmet or surfboard, plus it can handle being up to 30 feet underwater, no case necessary.
– wide angle lens with 4x digital zoom
– works well in low light conditions
– not particularly durable
9. VTech Kidizoom ($59.99)
The versatile VTech Kidizoom makes a great first camera for any child. It comes with three mounts, a wrist strap, and a waterproof case, making it ultra durable and perfectly suited to surviving the drops and tumbles of capturing a kid’s-eye view.
– Available in yellow or pink
– includes games and fun photo effects
– mounting gear is cheaply made
10. Spy Tec Mobius ($79.95)
The lightweight and discreet Spy Tec Mobius can record in either 1080p HD resolution at 30fps, or in 720p at 60fps, making for excellent slow-motion results. It is also a popular choice for use as a powerful dashboard camera in your car.
– minimal fisheye distortion
– no image stabilization function
– only 80 minutes of battery life
Best Budget Action camera assistant
After the shooting stage, you may come the need to do some simple or professional editing with the HD, 2K or 4K footage shot with your cheap action camera, then share the completed great work with your friends, family members on computer with media player software, transfer to portable devices or stream to large screen TV via media streaming devices or upload to popular video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Vimeo, etc. However, you may encounter many problems during the playing, editing or sharing process of Budget action camera due to the incompatible format, codec, file size, bit rate, frame rate, etc issues.
The good news is here comes the best 4K Action camera assistant ” Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (Windows), which does you a great favor to convert and compress cheap Action camera 4K video to popular HD file formats such as H.264 HD, H.265 HD, MPEG-4 HD, MPEG-2 HD, MPEG-TS HD, MKV HD, WMV HD, Divx HD, AVI HD, etc for conveniently and smoothly viewing on computer with QuickTime, VLC, MPlayer X, etc, transfer and watch on iPhone, iPad or stream to TV via Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield TV, post and share on popular video sharing sites like YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook/Instagram, etc.
Get Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac/Windows with 20% off discount, coupon codec: 45K2D47GJH
Edit cheap Action camera video with Budget action camera assistant
Besides converting Budget Action camera video, this great cheap Action camera assistant offers some useful simple editing options for you to finish some simple editing task. There are unwanted parts in the Budget action camera, never mind, you can remove thatn with the “Trimming” function. There are black bars or unwanted area around the video frame, just use the “Crop” function to remove that off. The Cheap Action video footage is too large in size and occupy to much space on your hard drive or portable device internal memory storage, you can split the video into small parts or segments by file size, count or length.
Apart from offering some simple editing functions for you, you can also use the program to encode 4K Action camera video to professional editing codec such as Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC), Apple Prores, DNxHD, MPEG-2 codec that are specially optimized for professional post editing on popular non-linear editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, etc.